Penile Cancer: Signs and Symptoms
In case you’re fighting against penile cancer, there may be symptoms present on your penis. It’s very important to be in the know of what is normal and tell your doctor about any unusual changes.
The list of penile cancer symptoms involves the following:
- A growth on your penis that becomes bigger or a sore that doesn’t heal for more than 4 weeks. It can look like a wart, ulcer or blister and there may be no painful sensations at all.
- A bleeding from the penis or from under the foreskin.
- A discharge that smells foul.
- Having difficulty in drawing the foreskin (also referred to as phimosis) back.
- A rash.
- A change in the color of either your penis or foreskin.
At the same time, the symptoms mentioned doesn’t always mean that you have the cancer. They may be caused by other conditions. For example, there may be a case of sexually transmitted diseases. Anyway, you’re strongly recommended to consult your doctor if you notice any of them.
Men are to examine their testicles from time to see if there is testicular cancer. Besides, you should see if there are any changes on and around the penis.
Symptoms that Occur in Case of an Advanced Penile Cancer
On the 3rd or 4th stages, the following symptoms may occur:
- A lump in the groin that occurs because a lymph node is swollen.
- You feel tired.
- There are painful sensations in your abdomen.
- You experience painful sensations in your bones.
- Loss of weight for no reason.
Very often it so happens that men are embarrassed or truly scared by the symptoms. A person may put off his going to the doctor up until the cancer is even more advanced. We advise you to tell your doctor about any suspicious symptoms as soon as possible since the cancer may be detected on an early stage and it may be possible to get rid of it if adequate treatment is provided.