What are the Signs and Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer
There are various signs and symptoms that, if occur, show that a woman has ovarian cancer. They are more obvious in case the disease is already having an impact on other organs apart from the ovaries. Still, even when there is only the beginning of the disease the symptoms are expected to manifest themselves.
In general, there are the following disease-related symptoms:
- Bulging of the belly;
- Pain in the area of the abdomen or pelvis;
- Loss of appetite or feeling of satiety that occurs really quickly;
- Frequent urination or a constant desire to urinate.
Usually, benign diseases or cancer that has affected other organs are considered to be a reason for the symptoms mentioned above. If there is a case of ovarian cancer, they don’t go away and a woman may suffer from any of them for a long time. Besides, they are gradually becoming either worse or more frequent. In case you experience such like symptoms at least 12 times per month, there is a necessity to consult an expert. You’d better go to a gynecologist.
Possible Symptoms of Advanced Ovarian Cancer
Apart from the symptoms mentioned there may also be:
- Stomach disorder;
- Pains in the back;
- Painful sensation during sexual intercourse;
- The time when your periods occur may be shifted;
- Swelling of the abdomen accompanied by weight loss.
It should also be mentioned that there is a high possibility of these symptoms occurring for different reasons. The majority of the given symptoms may occur even if a woman doesn’t have ovarian cancer.